Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Beans do the Big D

It's been awhile since the last post, so let me update you on some things going on in our world. I recently had something great happen at work---I got a window! Now that may not seem like much to you, but if you look at where I was before, and what my office looks like now, you'll understand. I literally was in an old exam room- pretty depressing- like always waiting on the doctor to come in and tell you what's wrong with you. I now have glorious light! It makes it so much better and cheerier!

A couple of weekends ago Zach and I had a great time volunteering at the Llano winery. They had an annual wine and clay festival, and we enjoyed seeing the sites and meeting some new people. We also had a pizza and game night with Jill and Clayton, which was really fun. I sure will miss them if they ever decide to leave Lubbock.

This past weekend, Zach and I went with Jill and Jan to Dallas. We had a fun road trip and enjoyed pleasant conversation despite the inevitable traffic! We dropped Jan and Jill off in Fort Worth to visit with Jan's parents, and Zach and I headed on to a weekend in Dallas. We stayed at a really nice hotel called the Joule. Zach even got us upgraded to a suite!! That night we ate at Mi Cocina and did a little relaxing by the pool (which juts out over the street!! Apparently it's cool enough for Britney when she comes to Dallas- what what!)

While we were there, we saw some lady acting like she was all that, so we did a little reconnaissance work and determined she was some C-list star from a show on HGTV. See if you know her...she was a weirdo.

The next day we met our friends Rick and Dan for lunch and ate at La Duni. I had been craving their yucca fries, so I was in heaven. They told us all about their Paris trip, so we went to Costco after to look for some noise canceling headphones. No luck. We also went to Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack. We didn't get anything, but it was fun to do some Dallas shopping. We had some more pool time and then went to a burger place for dinner. Mine had goat cheese- who knew I was such a foodie!

On Sunday we went to Zach's grandparents for brunch and had a lovely time. Nancy had a wonderful spread of brunch food for us, and even a nice photo of us from the wedding, which is now on my desk at work! It was so nice to be able to see them!

It was a splendid time!

No comments:

Post a Comment