Friday, October 11, 2013

Review of THREDUP

I recently came across a cool site called thredUP (www.thredup.com).  They will send you a bag (with postage!) that you can place your old  clothing items in (including kids' stuff!).  It takes a few weeks for them to process, but then they will send you an email with the amount you earned!  I think I made ~$60 just sending in some old items that no one seemed to want (Express dress pants from high school, dated skirts and shirts, etc.).

I was really frustrated with taking my clothes to places like Plato's Closet and having them tell me that my clothes weren't "teen" enough for them.  I was just trying to make Lubbock teens a little classier with a silk Banana Republic dress, but no luck.  They didn't want it.

ThredUP will take almost everything you send them as long as it's in good condition.  I highly recommend it.  Here's the bag that they send you in the mail.  It's a super cute teal and polka dot bag.  Just fill it up, send it in, and get paid.  It's that simple!


It did take them several weeks to process my bag, so you have to be patient.  You can take the money as cash through pay pal, but you have to wait two weeks to get it.  I opted to apply my funds to more purchases in the store.  Once I ordered, it only took about a week for my purchases to arrive.  I wanted to chronicle the event for you, but I was too excited, so I ripped into the box before I took photos.  Here's my recreation of the event.




I got lots of cute things - Banana Republic, Gap, Anthropologie, etc.  It was a great experience overall, and I definitely plan to do it again!  

Another cool thing is that they'll tell you when your own items sell in the store.  It's neat to see that someone else will make good use of your old stuff.  When I checked yesterday, I think about 1/3 of my items had sold.

As I write this blog, my friend wants to share her thoughts.  She says "qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq".  I think that means "I'm bored" in dog.  




No comments:

Post a Comment