Sunday, March 11, 2012

Je veux ce cafe

It's been awhile since I've posted, so I'll start with the most exciting news- Zach and I are going to Paris for a week at the end of September!!!

So it was killing Zach to keep the secret until my birthday. He got me an AMAZING travel backpack (Osprey), and I spent all weekend trying to guess what it was- it can be used outdoors or indoors, it can be used with reading (what? apparently it can be used to CARRY books...haha), it's a thing, it will be useful yearround. As you can see, I was getting nowhere with my guessing. Finally he gave in and gave me my gift. I am sooooo excited. I have never been to Europe, so Paris is the perfect place to start! We spent all evening at Barnes and Noble reading travel guides.

Backing up, Zach's brother, Drew was in town last week. Jill and Clayton came over too, so it was fun to have everyone together! I made Sour Cream Noodle Bake from the Pioneer Woman- a regular favorite around here! It was a hit. I highly recommend her site if you've never checked it out- pioneerwoman.com. She also has a show on Food Network on Saturday mornings- I'm a little obsessed. I often tell Zach- what a nice family they have!!

It was rainy and cold this past weekend, so we avoided the snakes and stayed indoors. On Saturday we did some chores around the house. After Zach told me about our trip to Paris, we spent the evening planning and strategizing our plan of action. I probably have a few too museums for Zach---hehe. My art history classes have made me kind of an art snob...

On Sunday, Jill and Clayton came over to celebrate Jill's birthday. I made some cookies to celebrate, and we enjoyed a fun evening together. Zach and I love the new GCB show on ABC. We wanted to share the wealth, so we watched it with Jill and Clayton, and I think we might have them hooked too.

Side note- I love my crock pot! It is so easy to just throw in everything you've got, turn the heat to low, and have a meal for dinner! We just made a chicken taco chili- I'll let you all know if it's good.

I am a little obsessed with the library. By a little, I mean a lot. There's nothing like shopping for free! I just finished reading The Paris Wife- about Ernest Hemmingway's first wife. The book was great- extremely poignant, a little dark, but very enlightening. I'm glad to have read it, but wouldn't recommend it if you are looking for a fun, uplifting book.

The Voice is on tonight- woo hoo! I'll post my thoughts on the episode tonight/tomorrow. I feel bad for Zach on the Voice nights- I definitely hijack the TV. Oh well- I've caught him secretly watching it too :)


The best casserole ever! Thanks PW!!

Clayton, Jill, and Drew!

This baby will be going to Europe- oooo yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment