Saturday, March 3, 2012

Our weekend!

It's been a busy week for us...late nights at work and lots going on. In the midst of all this, I decided it would be a good idea to tend to my pile of mending that has been staring me down for the past year. I'm about halfway done...let's hope I finish soon, or we won't be able to eat many meals on our lovely kitchen table.

On Friday night, we explored the First Friday art trail. The highlight of the night was finding out about season tickets to the symphony so we can get our culture on and this awesome artist who makes jewelry out of vintage typewriter keys- sweet!! I love unique crafts and when people find new, artful uses for old things. If interested, I have her business card and she takes custom orders. My bracelet was $40.

On Saturday AM Zach and I went to the bank to get my name changed on our bank account. Unfortunately the lady told us wrong the first time we were in there, and I now have to wait to get my new ID in the mail- bummer.

We then hung out at Starbucks- just like the old days. Coffee shops are way better when you don't have homework to put a damper on the experience- just sayin... We got some chocolate covered espresso beans to try- yowza!! They're scrumptious until you bite into the bitter crunch of the bean- it kind of reminds me of chocolate covered dirt. I've still managed to eat more than my fair share- go figure- ill eat anything covered in chocolate.

This afternoon we are sitting in a suite at the tech basketball game with our good friends Eric and Ashley, so there will be more to come!

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! It is a great way to chronicle your lives and it will be such a treasure in the years to come. Happy blogging to you! Love, Jan

    ReplyDelete