Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Weekend update- round 2!

The Mizzou/Tech game was fun. We had box tickets with our good friends Eric and Ashley. We spent the first half in the box, munching down on some popcorn and hotdogs and moved court side for the second half of the game. It was a great time- I didn't realize that basketball games went so quickly- it was perfect for my sports-ADD self!

I think this weekend we are planning on going to the rattlesnake round up in Sweetwater. I'm not sure what to expect. I'm envisioning thousands of headless snakes, heads chopped off by hoes- yikes. Is it bad I'm so much of an animal lover that I'd feel bad for snakes? I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for some funnel cake. I could probably live off of funnel cakes, cinnamon rolls, waffle fries, regular waffles, and Indian food ( that last one came out of left field- I bet you thought I'd have another carb-packed food- ha! Fooled you).

In other news, I am so excited for one of our dear friends, Stephanie. After having two boys, she is finally expecting a girl! Stephanie doesn't know this, but I plan on borrowing her daughter- if she's anything like the other two, she will be the most precious child ever!!

A colleague of mine is having major surgery this upcoming week, so please keep her in your prayers!

I made a really good turkey sausage, white bean, and kale soup for dinner tonight! I was surprised at how yummy it was- check out www.skinnytaste.com for the recipe. I am always amazed at how far my cooking skills have come. I'm pretty sure at first Zach thought he'd be needing to order lots of pizzas to cover my mistakes, but I'd say I've been pretty successful since we've been married :)

1 comment:

  1. That soup sounds yummy! I will have to make it.
    Thanks for the sweet things you said about the boys. You need to be around them in their most recent stage...not so awesome. I'm hoping it passes FAST!

    ReplyDelete