Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Weekend

We had a great Easter holiday! I left work a little early on Friday, and we hit the road for Amarillo. On the way, we stopped at Ede's meats and got some fantastic jerky and some bacon for my Mac and cheese.

We then did a little shopping and had dinner with our good friends Brad and Stephanie and their two sons. We went to an old diner-type restaurant and had some good American food. The service was less than stellar, but oh well! It was worth it to see our friends. We then went over to their house, and James showed us his new decked out Cars bike. Zach better watch out...I have two young admirers who were vying for my attention. I love those kiddos!

On Saturday, I spent the morning shopping with Zach's mom, and I got some more Vera Bradley stuff- I'm obsessed! We also spent time making dishes for Easter lunch and enjoyed a yummy homemade dinner of salad, grilled chicken, and my mac and cheese. After dinner, we went to a play at the Amarillo little theatre and enjoyed some time at Starbucks.

We spent Easter Sunday with Zach's Dad's family in Silverton. It was really nice to meet everyone and spend time with his Grandma. I'm still hoping she'll teach me how to quilt. We went out to the farm and got some really cool antiques that we put in our kitchen. I love having things that are meaningful and of significance!

I had a great package from Ulta waiting for me today, so it has been a great weekend/few days! I'll keep you all posted of future goings on!

1 comment:

  1. We loved our visit with yall! We miss you already...especially James and Jude!

    ReplyDelete